In this technical session co-sponsored by Exadel, you will be introduced to the popular open source Eclipse BIRT (Business Intelligence and Reporting Tool) technology and learn how to easily add reporting and data visualizations to JSF (JavaServer Faces) web applications. You will find out about the capabilities of the BIRT designer and runtime engine and how to easily create tables, graphs, and charts using a drag-and-drop design paradigm.
Register and learn about the popular RichFaces JSF component library, the new integration available with BIRT, and see a demonstration on how to seamlessly add BIRT reports to JSF applications.
Attendees will learn:
- About using the BIRT designer
- How to add rich data visualizations and reports based on BIRT into JSF applications
- How to wrap a BIRT report as a JSF component
- Techniques to pass parameters for more dynamic and filtered reports
- How to make page updates fast using RichFaces’ AJAX capabilities
Space is limited, reserve your spot today!
If you have any questions please email info.
The BIRT Exchange Team
Connect with Us
Date: February 9, 2010
Time: 11am PST / 2pm EST / 7pm GMT
Duration: 40 minutes, including Q & A session
NOTE: Ten attendees will qualify for a free set of books, Practical RichFaces and BIRT: A Field Guide to Reporting (The Eclipse Series), a $90 value.
Developer Evangelist, Actuate
Sr Systems Engineer, Exadel